The Set was once a self-sustained community of black pioneers. Historic 5th and West Atlantic Avenues were a booming black-owned business district.
In the days of Jim Crow segregation, the community supported its businesses because they supported the community – markets, sundry shops, restaurants, pharmacies, barber shops and beauty salons, theaters and lounges, and home services.
The Peach Umbrella Plaza Association (the Clay Wideman building in the SW 400 Block) was a group of Black owned businesses that cooperated in support of one another by investing in each other’s businesses, combining resources for improvements, and being engaged in their community as stakeholders.
The Peach Umbrella Network pays homage to the legacy and necessity of black ownership, while supporting the preservation and future of The Set community by connecting the local economy with those that want to support and invest in equity. From brick and mortar establishments to talented artisan vendors; full time entrepreneurs to side hustlers; service providers and cultural organizations- The Peach Umbrella Network is where they all thrive! Returning to the collective economic principles of yesteryear, entrepreneurs and consumers support the success of business leaders and community guardians.
Build Back, Buy Black…
West Atlantic Redevelopment Coalition, Inc.
PO Box 8083
Delray Beach, FL 33482
$50 annual fee for individual entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Listing in Peach Umbrella Network online directory
- Access to networking events
- Access to expert advisors and development events
- Professional photos
- Community building with entrepreneurs who support one other in business and advocacy
- Connection to consumers that want to support Buy Black efforts
- Peach Umbrella Network T-shirt
- Peach Umbrella Network vinyl and digital brand assets
- Access to potential grant, loan, or subsidized service opportunities to grow your business
The heartwarming taste of soul food cooking nestled in the h...Learn More >
Fin’s Kitchen is bringing a modern twist to traditiona...Learn More >
Fin’s Kitchen is bringing a modern twist to traditional Haitian food on wheels to a city near you… Sharing our creative dishes and unique flavors, specializing in Caribbean and high-end…